Braham Judah was born in Spanish Town on
February 21, 1871, the son of George Fortunatus Judah, who
was well-known for his writings on Jamaican history. He was educated at the Graded Middle Class school in Spanish Town and Kingston Collegiate School.
He was a Chartered Civil Engineer and a member of the American Society of Sanitary Engineers. He joined the
Engineering Staff of the K.S.A.C. in 1894. As City Engineer, Mr. Judah played a role in locating the site of the
Hermitage Dam, an important factor in the Corporate Area's water supply system. He was engineer in charge of
construction of the Ferry Pumping Station, the Intake Works and other large municipal undertakings. In addition
he designed many important buildings including the buildings of the Kingston General Commissioners (now
KSAC), St. George's College, Winchester Park and St Joseph's Sanatorium. He retired in 1934.
He had three sons, Fr. Charles Leo Judah, S.J., Fr. Sydney John Judah S.J., and the Hon. Douglas Judah,
Member of the Legislative Council, and two daughters, Mrs. Harold Watson, and Mrs. Harold DaCosta.